Control who accesses your data and how it's used - Join OSA NOW!
Category : General
Join Open Secure Access and send a message to Reynolds and ADP... It’s your data. You know best what to do with it. If you believe that you should control your data and access to it then show your support by joining OSA.
With dealers’ needs in mind, OSA members stand behind five key principles:
- Dealers should control who accesses their data and how it’s used.
- Industry participants should work together to ensure dealer data is secure.
- Third parties that have dealer permission to utilize a dealer’s data should be able to access the data through their own efforts or through the services of an independent company.
- DMS companies should facilitate interaction with all data available to a DMS user by providingtechnologically advanced means to interact with (read and write) that data, either through a robust set of APIs, system functionality, or direct access to the database.
- Industry participants, including DMS companies, that provide essential services required to facilitate access to, and interactions with, dealer-permissioned data should be reasonably compensated.
If you believe that you should control your data and access to it, there are important ways to show your support:
- Visit us at www.opensecureaccess.com and join.
- Provide input as we design the data security guidelines and certification process by contacting OSA at www.opensecureaccess.com.
- When you sign your next DMS contract, make sure you have the right to control your data and decide who can access your DMS – without paying unnecessary or exorbitant fees.
read the open letter published in Automotive News.